Monday, August 5, 2013

More works in progress

 
 
During a recent weekend up north, I was able to get a new one started in my basement work space.  This is a bit larger than the one from the previous blog.

 
I want to be able to see both shadows and highlights as I block in the painting... so rather than working on a pure white canvas, I prefer to gesso my canvas grey or tone it with a neutral oil paint wash in a cool or warm middle value.  Below is the finished version.
 
 
 "Autumn Rain" oil (36" x 42")
 
BTW: below is the finished version of the WIP (work in progress) that I posted in the previous blog.
 
"Autumn after the Rain"
(30" x 30")
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see the progress pics Ruth! The greying really helps with the layering of colour! The detail is stunning!

    ReplyDelete